Thanks for stopping by!!

I have found so much inspiration that I have started sharing my own addiction of tablescaping. Please feel free to join me as I enter my journey and share my passion for decorating with all my lovely little "treasures".

I decorate my home with vintage, thrift store, yard sale and hand me down items. I shop ebay with a vengance for dinnerware and glassware, the postal service must adore me!

I am very casual, but a bit fussy when it comes down to details. I have spent two thirds of my life in the south, but the southerners say my "nothern side" still comes out! I am guessing this is not such a good thing....and visa versa when I am around my northern relatives, "give me a break"!

Join me any way.......I hope we can be blogging buddies no matter where we all live :)



Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Cupcakes!!

I Love this table!! Everyone who knows me well knows I adore cupcakes!  For the longest time it was my dessert of choice every time a dinner was held.....holiday or not, I was bringing cupcakes and everyone knew it!!
These plates were a "must have" for me!  I am not sure how much I would have been willing to pay, but I am so very happy they were only $1 each at the Dollar General Yipeeeee!  The matching mugs $2!  I bought all they had!
They go so very well with my Fiesta in chocolate brown...I can smell the frosting!

They look a little like Christmas at times, but then they look like picnic ware.
I love the gingham border and I love that they are this wonderful apple green and cherry red color!  The set even had a matching hinged box.....sniff sniff~I could only find one left!


My new cherry salt and pepper shakers are actually from K-Mart, but were sold as a set of cherry and strawberry shakers.  Bunny has the starberries~She had the vintage canisters that really needed them lol!
Check out my vintage cake plate~~It has been painted so many colors to match my kitchen....now brown, it matched in perfect~bubbles in the glass and all!  Candle holders from my pink and brown kitchen too, perfect match.....all covered in chocolate paint.
Of course it wouldn't be a party without presents, so I had Anika run to my neighbor Brandy's and she found me this awesome paper to wrap a box~tulle and curling ribbon, pearls and it's perfect!
Flatware from the store at the Food Network~Glasses from none other than the Dollat tree....love that store !  Napkins from my favorite ebay store linentablecloth of course~bargains Galore!
:*~:*~:Beautiful:*~:*~ handmade crocheted table cloth was found at and antiques store more holier than not.  I asked about the pitiful thing and was told it was not for sale because it was so tattered~~~Well I am not one to let something like that go!!  I came out of that store with tablecloth and a smile for $3~~Sat on my floor for an afternoon and did a little handsewing and
~TADA~

Well I hope you liked my little table today~I sure liked doing it.
Hope you come back very soon.
I will be doing a little birthday part for a "princess" in magneta and apple green......get your attention?  did me!!
Have a great week
~~Wendy

14 comments:

  1. Those are adorable!! I love the retro feel of them. By all means if you see pink crinoline, get it!! You will love it! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, you are so right about us being a long way away from each other. New Zealand is a long way from everywhere. Sadly!! But hey blogging brings us all together. I don't feel such a sad smuck for doing my tablescaping now! lol. I must confess to managing to get all my friends interested in thrifting........I am still queen of the hunt though. no-one can take my crown away from me there. People here don't do dinner parties, and are generally intimidated by a laid table, But I soldier on regardless.

    I would have bought that crochet tablecloth too. The whole table is lovely. I love love love that green netting you used in the first picture. You are definately an inspiration to me....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way I'm going to follow you, how could I not, when you inspire me so much.

    Toodles Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just had to have these for my young grandchildren's visit last week. We had a great time on our screened porch set with the matching tablecloth and the dishes including the one shaped like the cupcake. I got the idea from my friend, Farica, of Southern Charm by Farica bog. It looks like you enjoyed them as much as the rest of us did. Great post!
    Check out her party when you have time!
    http://southerncharmbyfarica.blogspot.com/2011/05/cupcake-cutie.html

    Almost forgot to add that I'm with Debbie's Newbie partay!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I LOVE cupcakes too. I want to go to Gigi's Cupcakes in Nashville so badly. I originally said (as soon as I found out I was pregnant) that if I had a girl, I wanted to do the nursery in cupcakes. I soon discovered cupcake stuff was hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, cupcakes are always cute!! Love this tablescape :)

    Coley at
    www.whatyoumakeit-coley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable! Your cupcake plates and coffee mugs- they are perfect! I never see things like that at the Dollar store! Love the tulle on the present and all the curly ribbons! So festive! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that you had an interest in the pink crinoline. I've seen a good deal of it on eBay. I love your color choices using the red and white check with the chocolate brown. A good eye for design and well executed. Thank you for sharing your darling design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy .. thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment. You may right, after looking at the photos I was like "hmm... I should have added this , or this would have been great.." lol.. even hubby (who is so supportive) was saying "maybe next time you could do something with this"... I have found the tea settings a little easier ... but this gal does like a challenge .... If you had the opportunity to read my life detour you'll understand.

    Thank you again for your lovely visit, encouragement and inspiration with this lovely setting you have shared!!! I too am a cupcake fan ... and this whole setting spoke volumes to me!!! Right down to the gift wrapping...

    I'm following your wonderful blog.. it truly has inspired me!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your beautiful Tablescape sweet lady. Looks like you had lots of fun putting this one together !!! You have a great eye taking your photos this is half, the job and you did a Great Job !! I love your photos sweet lady.

    Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my Tablescape for two so sweet of you. I hope you have a Great Week with your lovely family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Wendy, Thx so much for your lovely visit. I had to come right over to greet you. I enjoyed your cupcake party so much I decided to follow you. Anyone who loves cupcakes, dishes & pink everythings, is a friend of mine.

    Hope & hugs to you and yours

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cupcake plates and mugs are so special and I'm in love with them! Wonderful table setting!! I too love cupcakes, I just made some for my niece's baby shower...hope you take a pick of one! I'm at TT, BNOTP. Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am a cupcake lover too!!!!! I love the plates, what a deal! great job...here from BNOTP

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute, you have inspired me to be on the lookout for cupcake plates! Love your blog and look forward to seeing more from you ;D

    ReplyDelete

:*~Hello and Welcome~*:

I do hope you take just a moment to drop a line and say hello :*~:*~:*~ I adore to hear from y'all :*~:*~ I pray you leave my blog and then have a wonderful and blessed day:*~:*~:*~:
~~Wendy