Thanks for stopping by!!

I have found so much inspiration that I have started sharing my own addiction of tablescaping. Please feel free to join me as I enter my journey and share my passion for decorating with all my lovely little "treasures".

I decorate my home with vintage, thrift store, yard sale and hand me down items. I shop ebay with a vengance for dinnerware and glassware, the postal service must adore me!

I am very casual, but a bit fussy when it comes down to details. I have spent two thirds of my life in the south, but the southerners say my "nothern side" still comes out! I am guessing this is not such a good thing....and visa versa when I am around my northern relatives, "give me a break"!

Join me any way.......I hope we can be blogging buddies no matter where we all live :)



Sunday, October 9, 2011

:*~:*~Pink Saturday:*~:*~

Yes it is Sunday but, I had to go shopping to find more PINK!
I mean I have a lot of pink here at the house but......

Anika came home from spending the night with her 4-H agent Miriam (Miriam is also a great family friend now, we LOVE her) she had a speaking engagement on the radio at 9:30 a.m..  Anika says "let's go to the antique store mom" Well it didn't take me more than a few minutes to get dressed and we were out the door!  What 15 year old asks to go to the antique store? I checked her head for a fever even.

Rebecca over at Shabby Pink World always has the BEST pink stuff, so I am on a mission to try to keep up!  I know I will never do it, she must have a secret stash brought down from the heavens by angels or something lol


This was my find of the day!
Just sitting there on a shelf at the antique store singing my name.  I heard them quietly, yet firmyly  "Wendy, wooo hoooo Wendy, over here!" Beautiful soft pink milk glass sugar and creamer.  Okay they better be old because I paid antique price Sshhh, don't tell.  I came home and looked on ebay and couldn't find anything like it, (if you do, don't crush me okay?)
Antique baby shoes, my new addiction.  These beautiful rose covered mugs were a score at our local factory outlet, $2.99 with 30% off + an extra 15% (cuz I am still under 50, this only happens onFriday).  Only 2 left, but they are MINE!
And one fluffy pink scarf with a pink peony that was once on a stem, but is now a stunning pin....thanks to my glue gun!  You can find me and plenty of others who love pink at:
at
How Sweet The Sound


:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:*~:

Lets not forget my Anika!!
She started her very own collection today.
She has been looking at fiesta for awhile, making sure she knows what it looks like, how to spot it etc.  She wanted to start a collection of her own.  Her space is kind of limited however (well my space really) so fieastaware was kinda out of the question.
Her favorite color is purple so she decided to start a collection of purple items for her future home!!
I think she made some very beautiful purchases.  I wonder who she thinks those his and hers fingertip towels are for anyway, Anika?


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love, love, love your finds at the antique store! Aren't those baby shoes darling? I always wonder who wore them...Wendy, I loved your comment on my Pink Fairytale! I should have thought of a pink crown and pink dinnerware! lol...thanks for stopping by.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do love pink teacups! thanks for all of these lovely things and happy pink saturday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh, I am in love with the sugar and creamer set. I have never seen anything like it before either. I do love pink milk glass, but it is so darn expensive. I've been watching ebay for a jeanette pink milk glass punch bowl set that is under $300...no luck yet! Thanks a million for the sweet comments you left over at The Pink Porch. I'm so glad to find you!

    <3 Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you not only had fun with your daughter, you found some treasures. The creamer and sugar are so pretty. The baby shoes are an awwwwww. Smile..
    Your daughter's purchases in purple are very pretty. she has good taste like her mom.

    Fun time are...finding pink treasures.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sugar and creamer is pink-alicious. I'm glad you found it. Anika's purple finds are a great start for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pink milk glass sugar and creamer...that is beautiful...I think you are keeping up quite well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful treasures. But, my favorite is the milk glass set...totally awesome. I have joined your followers list and picked up your blog button. Hope you will stop over to my blog and join my followers group as well as pick up my blog button. Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some beautiful treasures, wow! Really Love the pink milk glass, drooling over these hahaha......

    ReplyDelete

:*~Hello and Welcome~*:

I do hope you take just a moment to drop a line and say hello :*~:*~:*~ I adore to hear from y'all :*~:*~ I pray you leave my blog and then have a wonderful and blessed day:*~:*~:*~:
~~Wendy