Thanks for stopping by!!

I have found so much inspiration that I have started sharing my own addiction of tablescaping. Please feel free to join me as I enter my journey and share my passion for decorating with all my lovely little "treasures".

I decorate my home with vintage, thrift store, yard sale and hand me down items. I shop ebay with a vengance for dinnerware and glassware, the postal service must adore me!

I am very casual, but a bit fussy when it comes down to details. I have spent two thirds of my life in the south, but the southerners say my "nothern side" still comes out! I am guessing this is not such a good thing....and visa versa when I am around my northern relatives, "give me a break"!

Join me any way.......I hope we can be blogging buddies no matter where we all live :)



Tuesday, January 18, 2011

~:*:*Ooh La La*:*:~

Treasure hunting was fun today and I picked up some little treasures.  An awesome lace tablecloth that I will use to cover a chair, a green canister for beans, some other little things, but my favorite was this little shelf.  $3! Okay, it doesn't look like much and it doesn't match anything in my house....but it will find it's place soon enough.  It needs to be painted creamy white because my walls are mostly pink and what will go on it I haven't decided yet.  Tea cups maybe? Teddy bears? Pink glasses and spoons? we will see which room it ends up in I guess.

This is what I love to do.  Scour the thrift stores for unique, one of a kind items and make them my own.  I love garage sales and flea markets.  I love to find what other people no longer want and need and put it back to use.  Vintage, or just old to some, makes me feel like I am recyling too.  I love that it has a story, maybe someone loved it before me and I am carring that story on. 

I am not overly sentimental. Most of the items I bring in come and go very quickly.  I change my items on a whim, but some things have been around for awhile and I wouldn't let them go for anything.  I am sure you have something like that at your house.  It's kinda hard for me to keep a lot here anyway, my space is limited with just 1000 sq feet to work with.

So how is that for a first post?  I ask opinions  and ideas be left and maybe we can even put up some pictures of your  "Shack"  when I figure it out!
Until next time.....I hope you dream :*:*:IN PINK:*:*:  ~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

:*~Hello and Welcome~*:

I do hope you take just a moment to drop a line and say hello :*~:*~:*~ I adore to hear from y'all :*~:*~ I pray you leave my blog and then have a wonderful and blessed day:*~:*~:*~:
~~Wendy